1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Billing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cecilmac, Feb 8, 2010.

1. cecilmac

cecilmac Member
    from nj

How r u guys billing 12''+ by the inch or t&m?????????????????

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Bill by the push, never get over 3-4 inches on a lot.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What were you doing that there is 12+ inches in the lot?

4. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Per hour for 8"+ on the ground, with a sizable down payment--because if there's that much on the ground, they had better not be an existing customer.

:laughing:

5. cecilmac

cecilmac Member
    from nj

No,No i was keeping the lots open just wanna know how you bill if the storm total is,lets say a total of 20 inches do you guys bill 1-3,3.1-7,7.1-11.99 and then T&m for anyhting over 12'' total?????????????

6. lumps

lumps Senior Member

The sad part is that it's not always possible to keep it under that in a storm. Where I'm from, 3-4" an hour wasn't uncommon. So unless you have a dedicated crew at every site, if you had to go away to plow other places for 2-3 hours, you could easily come back to 6-8" or more of fresh snow in a lot.

7. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

We bill by the inch over 12. Its calculated by taking our 9-12" price and dividing by 10 inches usually. Snow relocation and removal are by the hour. Hope that helps.

8. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

The lot I do is priced by the amount of snow not per push. Its broken up into these price levels 1-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12, and 12+ is the 9-12 price plus xxx.xx for every inch after that.

9. cecilmac

cecilmac Member
    from nj

for storms 12 inches or more I charge my 7 to 11.99 price plus 115 per additional inch over do u think that is to much or do u think it industry standard

10. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

Each lot is different so you would charge more per inch for a larger lot. When you mulitply your $115 per additional inch by ten inches, does it come close to your 7-11.99 price? It should, but you should get more per inch for the abuse it is going to put on you and your truck/equipment.

So, for example, to calculate a per inch price over 12" on a 1000 dollar push, I would charge 100 per additional inch ($1000 divided by 10 inches) If its a tough lot, divide by eight inches. Does that make sense?

11. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

That's the same ratio I use. Every inch after 12'' is 1/10th my 9-12 price.

12. cecilmac

cecilmac Member
    from nj

I think so thanks, just wanted to see what others were charging with thesa large storms along the est cost lately

13. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

How much did you get down there? Happy billing.....got another on the horizon for ya tomorrow.

14. cecilmac

cecilmac Member
    from nj

Ya its crazy we got between 22-27 and there callin for another 18-24

15. snobgone

snobgone Senior Member
    from CT

Sweeeet. Good luck man. We need to get banged up like that. You guys down south are getting to have all the fun!