1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

billing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by karl klein, Jan 29, 2001.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

do you guys make up your own account sheets, or do you y some pre made or software if you by them what are they.

for seasonal acounts when do you collect the money

2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Good morning Karl,
    We have a lot of seasonal accounts.Most are set up to pay starting Nov.1 through Apr.1 They are billed by the first of each month and have 10 days to pay.Again most accounts are great,but had a few glitches with one.Threaten them with no Money,no service Can't believe how fast the check arrived.
    As far as your question on forms,not sure what you need!We use Quick books for our accounting and invoicing.In the process of writing a program for keeping track of our snow accounts.

3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Hey Mike, if you care to share, I would love to look at that program when you're done.

4. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone else has a program that they are using.
    We are puting one together,but it is always nice to see what other guys are using.
    What we do need is a program for maintenance records.I'm sure I could buy one,but which one?
    Thanks

5. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

Mike try this one, we use it because you can select either hours or miles, we use hours because it works out better.

http://www.autodoit.com/freetrial.html

Go with the fleet progam and try out the demo.

6. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

I would like to use lawnmonkey but no french version available, so I use microsoft office to manage my contracts and bills and i use another account software ( fortune 1000).

Denis

7. Yardworks

Yardworks Senior Member

I got Quick Books Pro this fall and do not think I wasted my money. I was using quicken before and I like Pro better. More options and able to do estimates easier.

8. FifthAve

FifthAve Junior Member

Billing for snow work

We bill out per storm the next day, that way we dont get calls saying they dont remember snow on that day ect- also we post the time of service (approx.) on invoice also we dont show previous work or balance-just the work and total for latest storm It works out really good checks are coming in constantly. Does anyone else do it this way?

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We do our billing much the same way.
    Dino

10. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Fifth Ave,
    Yeah... we do it that way too.

And, we do it for the same two reasons you do.

11. earth works inc.

earth works inc. Member

we use a program called accountrix. every thing is scheduled in so its a matter of click and post. saves me alot of time. we also use it for the landscaping business.