1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Billing question?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clc2007, Jan 5, 2012.

1. clc2007

clc2007 Member

I do alot of work for chemical banks reo dept. For the past 4 years i service all the properties for a week (lawn) and send one bill a week with all the properties on one invoice and in the winter i plow and after each storm i put all the properties on one invoice and send it. They just called and said as of now the need individual invoices for each property thats fine except ill have to send 23 invoices to them for one week during the summer and 23 invoices to them after each plowing!!!!!!!!!!!! So what ahould i do as this ads alot of work? And alot of risk for lost invoices, they said there is now way arround it. They also cant batch my checks together anymore so ill get a ton of checks.
  2. clc2007

clc2007 Member

The number 23 it the current amount of repos i have and that changes alot so it will get worse with the more they give me!
  3. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Thats crazy :dizzy:

They won't accept a statement or invoice listing each site as a separate line item I take it?
  4. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Nope thats how i used to do it, now they have changed it this year to better track expence for each unit. But this is crazy ive spent two hous on the phone with them trying to figure something out and they wont budge on anything!
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Make a blank invoice with the banks address and all the stuff that would stay the same each time. Then just write in the address of the property,
  6. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

at least you will get paid
  7. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Might have to see if you can get a "paper invoicing fee" in there then. Lots of companies charge for that "luxury".

Another alternative would be to maybe look at the Invoice to go app for iPhone or other smartphone app that lets you email invoices to them (that is if they accept that). Tell them that is the way its done or there is the paper invoice fee.

Another idea might be to extend the time to 2 weeks and alternate sites each week to cut down on the paperwork (i.e. send them a 2 week bill for each site). Or even go monthly.

My billings are monthly, so this would not be as big a deal to me as your weekly billing.

I take it that your summer service is not a constant (ie. you don't do the same billing each week)?
  8. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Quickbooks atomaticly offers repeat billing but i have to put date of service on it still, id still have to send all the invoices
  9. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Yes during the summer it is the same service each week, they want weekly billing, i can email my invoices but it will be 23 emails! So can i charge a mass billing fee for extra time for billing?
  10. clc2007

clc2007 Member

There has to be a solution to this somehow this is just crazy
  11. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

Unfortunately, big business has to account for their costs by property, and the result is a billing issue for the provider. I would think you would be happy for the work and realize that is not a bad problem to have! I invoice 100+ clients monthly, and have a big business that requires an invoice for every job. A program like CLIP (computerized lawn industry program) let's me complete the process for monthly in less than 1 hr from start to mailbox.
  12. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Charge a convenience fee.
  13. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Dont get me wrong i am verry happy to have tbe work, especially with all theses cut throat people out here. Ive decided ill just have to deal with it, im not going to charge any fees or anything like that as its not worth loosing a verry good customer over.
  14. clc2007

clc2007 Member

Id love to, but dont think it is worth the hassle.
  15. martincare29

martincare29 Member

we do some wok like that maybe 30 a year . we bill monthly for lawn and plowing i would saythey would be fine with that ...i have never run into a bank that would not be ok with that kind of billing date the work send them end of each month and set net 15 or net 30 day turn around. i would not start chargeing a fee for billing,