1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

billing question

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ajman21, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

I have a contract with a drug store (first comercial) and its on a hourly basis for x amount. 2" trigger during business hours then a clean up before store open. my question is this...

on this little blizard i have several times that i spent 15 min just cleaning up entrances or drive through lanes and drifts that were over trigger depth (contract states "2 inch not to include drifts") though the rest of the lot was not at trigger depth. I did it to keep down my liability and prevent any complaints.
    Do I bill for the borderline pushes? Would that be setting a bad principle. Im not sure what to do? :confused:
  2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

You need to clear up with your customer what they expect. If it was me I would have cleaned off everything on the lot that I could have, even the parts that didn't meet the trigger. Then charged accordingly. Not knowing the customer and the specifics of your agreement I can't comment on how to charge this out. My customers understand that if I show up, my minimum charge will apply.
  3. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

total bill for the lot was in the range 650 for salt, walks, and plow. im just used to doing resi's and im worried that they might get shocked with the bill for this one though i did provide that much service. does that seem high for said services for a chain drug store location? lot is bout a 45min push (when not fighting prk lot traffic) walks are at least that much also. I wrote the contract they read and signed it so they naturaly give me the right to bill for anything I feel needs done at my hourly rate; no min charge. i simply bill for what ever time i spend there.
  4. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

There is your answer right there. However, you should talk with your customer to make sure what their expectations are to eliminate any confusion and then service them accordingly.
  5. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

k well thanks for the input i talked with the manager and he seems to be pleased with the service and didn't take a second look at the price so i guess all is well.
  6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

we'll no he would'nt tell Coperate ask him what the hell this is for. just depends on how the contract's are set up!!