1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

????billing Drifted Lots????

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by millsaps118, Dec 27, 2007.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I have a few accounts set up on "per push" rates that are broken down into accumulations, ie...1.5"-4" = $X, 5"-8" = $X... Our last storm we just had was very wind, gusts up 30+mph and the lots were drifted up to 3ft in some areas. Other areas was bare asphalt. I took 6 different random measurements and averaged 'em. Does this seem like the ideal thing to do and bill out what I get for and average, or should I just figure it out hourly???

I don't have anything in my contract that covers drifted snow so now I have to work on some new "TERMS/CONDITIONS" in my contract that cover drifted snow.

2. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I think an average is the best way. If you had a clause that said "we go with the biggest measurement" or something similar that just wouldn't be fair for the homeowner. I'm pretty sure if you say it averaged to 14" or whatever they'll understand.
  3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

It happens here too (drifts like crazy sometimes, after you have it cleaned)
    I usually just bill them hourly at that point.
    it's cheaper than a full push, and since I didn't do a full push (only drifts in a couple spots) that seems to work for everyone.
  4. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I do the same thing if I have to go back after I completely cleaned a lot, just bill out hourly for what I do.
  5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Full push charge. Often times cleaning up drifts and drive lane stuff takes more time than a 2 inch plow.

Least my stuff has.

You cant control Mother Nature.
  6. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I do the same here.