1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bigtime snow for boston tonight!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Feb 11, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

This storm is looking to be big time dangerous, blizzard conditions possible between 12 am-12 pm. Keep in mind you cant pump fuel without power. Standard blizzard list, wallet,nextel & charger,chain ,full DOT kit,spare plow parts & manuals,batteries & spare remote (sno-way),shovels, 10 gallons of diesel, all the oils,coolant, wd40,etc, jumper cables,tool kits,flashlights,change of clothes & spare dry boots,3 pair of dry gloves, thermos of strong coffee,cooler,and skyfi 2 XM satellite radio. Everyone be careful out there, sleep early this evening because your not gonna be home for a long time! Plow on. :salute:

2. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I can dig it man:)

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I cant wait!!:yow!: :drinkup: :blush2:

4. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

not to highjack this thread, but i got a question....

how many pushes are you northshore mass guys planning on doing? what time do you all plan on your first push??

5. brad96z28

I am only gona keep up on the gas station that i have to do every 6 in.The 18 driveways that i have to do will be done when the storm is over. It will problay be over 20 drive ways after i get flagged down a few times here and there. good luck. :drinkup:

6. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

your gonna push a foot of snow?

7. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

The highway survery here in town called me at 2PM to make sure im ready and he said he is gonna call me at 12AM he was calling everyone to make sure there ready cause they wana keep up with this one and not loose it

8. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

I just hear 2' in spots of MA...good luck guys, I'm actually glad to be in the slightly lower amounts with this one!

9. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

my cities going insane..theyre calling everyone with anything to come move snow payup

10. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

all hooked up now wait

been getting things ready all afternoon checking fluids,repairing lights etc etc.wait for the state pit too call now.i hope we get buried:dizzy: payup

11. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Shes here!

4:00 am, time to battle mother nature, lock & load! :salute:

12. brad96z28

lol ya. Ive pushed over a foot with a toyota never mind a foot of light stuff with my one ton diesel.:drinkup:

13. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

you cant charge twice if you only push once..........

14. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

sure you can, you charge them double for the amount of snow they get payup

15. brad96z28

probably why I have so many accounts cause i dont take advantage of them.

16. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

We charge at a per 2-6" rate, 7-12" rate x2 and so on, another...we may only plow this one twice, but charge based on 18" it appears. Everyone knows th rates, and no one complains, and they all come back year after year.

17. brad96z28

Guess Its a good thing they dont know my rates.payup

18. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I think you found a LOWBALLER!! I can't believe you would only charge 1 push for a snow like that!! It's going to take you twice as long and it's double the wear and tear!! Your only hurting yourself!!! :nod:

19. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

NO!It's because your the cheapest guy on the block and they know they can take advantage of you!:nono:

20. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

if every estimate you give is accepted, your to LOW, if none are accepted your to HIGH, if you fall somewhere in the middle your doign something right. It's the same with building houses, if you get every job you must be bidding way to low. But I guess if someone is happy making $10 per driveway when we get 18" more power to them.