1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

?Biggest Tires 4 my 95 RAM 4x4 1500 ???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by biggair, Dec 23, 2002.

1. biggair

biggair Junior Member

Can someone tell me what the biggest tires I can put on my standard rims on a 95 Dodge Ram1/2 ton 4x4. Standard, without any lift kit mods.

Thanks for the help..........

biggair@pitnet.net

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

P285/75R 16 IS THE LARGEST SIZE YOU COULD RUN MIGHT RUB A LITTLE ON VERY TIGHT TURNS

CARDOCTOR

GO EAGLES

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Depending on the width of tread you want to go for, I highly recommend 305/70R16's They are the equivelant to a 33X10X16 tire. I have Pro-Comp M/T's on my truck and I think they are the greatest tire I have ever come across (next to Blizzacs). I used to go through a set of tires every year due to the amoutn of travel and plowing I do but these tires have been on for 2 1/2 years and they will make it through this winter and most of next summer. I will buy a new set at the 4X4 jambo in Indy next year.

4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Actually 305/70/16's are 33X12.50X16, 285/75/16's are 32.5X11X16, and 295/75/16's are 34X12.50X16. Sorry about that, my uncle owns a tire dealership so I researched alot of tires and sizes for my trucks.

But any ways my girlfriend has a 99 1500 Ram 4X4 Sport with 295/75/16 BFG A/T's on her truck. No lift, reg cab, short box, 360, auto, on stock rims. They rub a little at full lock but nothin too bad. Thats the reason that she caught my eye, a girl that drives a 4wd truck, with big tires, and loud pipes. Damn!!! Too bad its a Dodge though.

Just kidding guys.... hope this helps.... later

5. Swampbeast

Swampbeast Junior Member
    from Texas

Sounds like a cool girl!
    Team Yamaha, is that your name because you like Yamahas, or are you on a Yamaha racing team?
    Since I live on the coast of Texas, I own a couple Yamaha jet skis, its fun to blast past all the other jet skis out there. he he he!

:cool:

6. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I do race Yamaha 4-wheelers, moto cross, cross country events, and also at 12 hours of ATV America this past year. I have 3 Banshees, a Raptor, and the Grizzly and Kodiak. I had Yamaha snowmoblies for quite a while, then I got hooked on the Polaris Edge X's, and Pro X. I have 1 Edge-X 700 (for girlfriend), 1 440 Pro X set-up for snow cross, and a Pro X 800 for trailriding.

Yep, your right. She is one very special and cool girl!!

7. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

to correctly use your truck and not have to worry about rubbing i would suggest a 265 75 16 i have a 99 ram 2500 and stock i just fit 285 75 16 and to get the 305 70 16's on it i had to do a 2" leveling kit so i would say to go with the 265 75 16's

8. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy Junior Member

why go with a larger tire? larger tires mean more gas to turn them and if you go too large then you might be under geared in yur differentials...i run 265 70 r 16 firestone steeltex i beilieve...if you look on the inside of the drivers side door frame it wil give you recommendations for tire sizes for the stock gear setup...mine suggests 245's...i say stay with stock and take the gas milage advantage, and the power advantage when plowing.

Chuck

9. spire-32

spire-32 Junior Member

i have a 99 1500 and am running the 305's. truck tows terrible they rub on tight turns , say in a parking lot, but it look so cool!!!

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

Just did a 96 1500 this morning with 285/75R16's.They rubbed just a hair when fully turned and suspension compressed.I have put the same tires and other trucks,and they did not rub.I think the springs may have sagged a little.

So 285/75R16 would be the max size,without a lift.