1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

biggest or longest driveway plowed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ajslands, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

hey just wondering, what the biggest parking lot or longest drivewqy you have plowed is, i onlyy have a 140' drive and i know thats small but my contractor has baker college so whats the biggest youve plowed and/ or longest drive... thanks

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got a couple of "driveways" that are a half mile long.

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

same here i dont do it anymore but the "drive" was a little over half a mile

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to have the strangest once a season usually driveway that was app. a 1/2 mile long that I could only plow with my loader or dozer.The client was a gizillionaire who had matching his and her bran new Fisher plows sitting in the heated garage.They were afraid to use them because the grade and slopes were so steep I had to watch to make sure I had oil pressure..They only called me after a blizzard type storm and they didn't mind paying me boocoo dollars.

5. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

we do a camp road that must be half mile or better then spur roads to four camps

6. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

2 miles of cottage road, to keep clear, lots of steep banks and sharp turns, hills to lose the equipment in. Heavily staked to stay out of trouble. Got stuck 3 times in 7 years.:help: And once was stuck in a partially frozen swamp with a old 1970 1070 Case tractor with no differential lock. :dizzy: Had to apply the brake to each wheel seperately depending which one had traction. And no it wasnt fun.:mad:

7. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

so what about industrial size parking lots like whare house parking lots, or mall of america lots.. or evn airport runways cuz iam sure some of you are sub contracted to get runways..:salute:

8. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

3/8 mile drive in the woods, always deer to watch, I feel guilty charging them sometimes, just kidding

9. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Of all that I do mine is the largest, 1050 sq ft of concrete & 13,000 of asphalt.

10. Lightningllc

Lightningllc 2000 Club Member

I have a subdivsion i plow total milage is 3 miles i plow and salt. It is a lot of fun on those 12 inch snowfalls.