1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Biggest 20" tires w/Plow for a '11 Sierra 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Promotors, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Promotors

Promotors Junior Member

I will be in need of a set of new tires this fall for my '11 GMC 2500HD crew cab. Wondering what the biggest size is that will fit stock on the OE 20" wheels? The stock tire size is what I have on now which is a 265/60R20 10 ply Goodyear sissy tire. Looking at either putting on a 275/60R20 BFG All Terrain 8 ply or 275/65R20 10 ply in either a BFG or Dick Cepek Fun Country. Wondering what size other guys are running just to see if the bigger size 275/65R20 will rub or not without modification. I will have a Boss 8' straight blade on it.
    Any input if appreciated!
  2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

1. Welcome to the forum
    2. Use the search feature. Your question has been beaten TO DEATH, and there are thousands of threads with the info you need
    3. Bigger tires make plowing snow harder, waste more fuel, and take more time

Oh yeah, and

4. No need to post the same question in multiple subject areas
  3. Promotors

Promotors Junior Member

Thanks for your help chief in such a professional matter.Thumbs Up
  4. Promotors

Promotors Junior Member

Well I tried the search feature & found nothing for the answer I'm looking for with the 20" GM wheels. I'll try again later when I have 1hr or so to read through all the posts. Or someone could simply answer that has the same truck & delt with what size to get.Thumbs Up
  5. Sawboy

You're welcome boss! My professionalism can be taught when you're ready to learn.
  6. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I have to say, I could use some guidance on how to search. I couldn't find a thread specific to 20" wheels.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Big tires are not better for plowing.

Mud tires are not the best for plowing.

beware of the effects of too much increase in unsprung weight.

IMO I'd buy a set of 17/18" steelies and mount a set of 265/275/?? winter tires.
  8. Sawboy

Correct on all points.
  9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed. Buy a set of steel wheels and decent tires for the winter.It will be much easier to plow with that then a wide tire.And as long as you don't have a huge lift on your truck it shouldn't look weird.Plus the sand a salt won't eat away at your stock wheels you have now
  10. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Get a set of 20" good year dura tracs. Best money I ever spent on tires. Insane in the snow.