1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bigger tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by eastern, Jul 27, 2011.

1. eastern

eastern Junior Member

I have a 06 3500 with a utility and run a 9.5 fisher plow. I have 215 85 16 on it now and want to go to a bigger tire will a 235 85 16 fit on my truck? Thanks

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Shouldn't be a problem. 245/75/16 is much closer to the OD of your current tires and I beleive is the OEM tire size on your truck. 265/75/16 is also a popular choice and what I have on my 2000.

3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Im guessing with thats size it is a dually, in which case 245 and 265's arent a good idea. If you run heavy in the rear, the sidewalls on the 235's could potentially rub and DOT just loves to notice that. Should be able to run 225's.

4. eastern

eastern Junior Member

I bought 2 inch wheel spacers from wheeladapter.com just for that reason

5. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

With the spacers, you shouldnt have a problem.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

235/85's fit with no issues. Just watch for big rocks. Other than that, they won't touch. I'll snap a pic of mine from the rear if you'd like. The truck will look like a monster too if you go from 215's.

7. eastern

eastern Junior Member

Stopped buy my buds shop and saw them installed they look alot better than the stock looking donut. He was worried about rubbing the front fender. And the spacers fill the wheel well of the utility. before the tires were about 6" in from the outside of the utility and looked like crap. I went with an aggresive tire so I will see how they work plowing this winter. Thanks for the info guys