1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bigger tires/leveling keys/timbrens, problems with mounting plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cochino12, Jun 18, 2010.

1. cochino12

cochino12 Junior Member

does anyone have a 95-99 3/4 ton truck with leveling kit and ~285-75 tire? If so do you have any problems getting your plow to mount up? I'd like to be able to run a taller tire than the stock 265 and dont want any rubbing issues, I also dont want any problems getting my boss plow mounted up either.

I was thinking I'd run a leveling kit and timbrens to keep the tires from having any rubbing problems
  2. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

running a wider tire will not benefit you in the snow. wider tires are more likely to rub on the sides, not the top of the vehicle. a leveling kit won't help that.
  3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

While the tire you spec'd is a bit taller than stock, the 285 measurement is the width of the tire, not height. Height is measured as a percentage of width, in this case 75% of 285mm equals 214mm of tire from the bead to the outer edge...stock is 199mm. in other words, half an inch.