1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bigfoot, loch ness monster and Walmart contractors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

There is alot of people that claim they are real but has anyone ever seen one???????

All the walmarts out there and I do not know of anyone that has signed up to do them, are you guys that jumped on board that a ashamed to admitt it??????

I found this pic of a plow guy bidding a walmart does anyone know him?

http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/mlakin/wal-mart.jpg

2. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lmao, that is good,:laughing:

4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

The Walmart we did last year is newly staked so USM has found a real smart company too plow it. At the numbers guesstimated for the contract they should be able to plow 6-7 times and still make money. The only problem is last year we plowed over 30 times.:D Many happy free saltings and shoveling events too them!:rolleyes:

5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

the first picture is my cousin...i told him he was nuts, he must have taken that literally

6. cseutah

cseutah Member
    from Utah

Wal-Mart

I plowed snow for several Wal-Mart Supercenter locations for the last 10 years and was offered half of what they had paid prior if i wanted to keep them. I don't see how USM is finding contractors that can keep up with the demands of a Supercenter for the little amount of money they are willing to pay.

7. ngm50

ngm50 Junior Member
    from IL

A picture is worth a thousand words

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Ya know I bet we can put some good pics and stories up on the peopleofwalmart site this season!

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I'll start a thread :laughing:

10. Premier

Premier Senior Member

whats wrong with my new truck? i figure a 12 pack of beer a night for the driver and he will have that walmart lot done in no time with this beast!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

oh yeah, i got some duct tape just incase she breakes down.

11. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I still think we have a better chance of seeing bigfoot before we see a "contractor" for walmart.

12. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

13. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  14. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey that rat was with me the other day he's all over

squril 4 (Large).jpg

15. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

16. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

looks like with all the cost cutting wally found a deal on chinese drywall.

17. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

that video is some really funny sh!t, AWESOME!!!

18. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I love the video. :laughing:

19. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

20. Deco

Deco Senior Member

funny thing about these fellas is when the big one hits , they're literally going to bury themselves. then , wallymart will have no other choice but to call a qualified G.C. to clear the lot. which will teach walmart area property managers a lesson , big time . As we all know , calling a contractor during and or after a crippling snowfall is nearly impossible because were already committed . But I'm sure when the #'s are right like 250 -350 hr. per piece , and that is just what they'll pay , because they have already "shopped" around and cannot afford more lossed time, revenue or litgation .