1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big trouble here! Help e-60

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Musky, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Musky

Musky Junior Member

Well new coil,new valve, new hose, And new fluid and new quick disconnect and my plow works better then ever!. But today i adjust my drop speed. Plowed 2 lots. Then i let it sit, And i noticed its leaking. I located a crack on the bottom of the pump. Its right at the bottom at a seem. How do i fix the crack?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Got a pic?

3. Musky

Musky Junior Member

Not at the moment but you can't really see the crack. And just barely feel it when you go over it with a finger nail. But when i have someone lower the plow with me looking at it. Can really see it squirt out fluid. Its its just to the right of the angleing block if look at it head on.

4. kimber750

If you see it coming out thru the base I would guess you need a new base. Most likely it had some water in it that froze and cracked the base. If/when you replace the base be sure to flush angle rams also.

5. kimber750

Just make sure fluid is not coming out from under the caps or from inbetween angle block and base.

6. Musky

Musky Junior Member

How much typically are a new/used base?

7. kimber750

$150-200 new. I can check with local plow shop, I know he has a few used ones. Anyone that rebuilds meyer pumps may have a used one laying around.