1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big Storm tonight and tomorrow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by KAG, Dec 7, 2009.

1. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Like everything thing in life it seems as just when you have it all sorted out........ This time last night I was NOT going to plow snow this year, just tired of the early mornings and late nights with limited good help. But we have a big storm headed our way tonight and the phone just kept ringing.......already over booked in one day for the season.

I used my EX80 I bought in January 08 in 2 events last year as well as my Skid steers that have Hiniker V's. The EX80 worked well but last year did not have wings on it so I quit using it.I called today and found out now they have wings so I am getting them installed on Thursday as well as picking up an 8ft box pusher I found online for the SS .

Now that I am pushing snow again this year I hope its a record snow year for us here in Kansas.

Just more or less saying hello again.........
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Just wondering how it's worth it for 2 events a year?
  3. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Not 2 a year, I bought this plow new January 09 and we only had 2 since I purchased it. Even though last year was a poor snow fall year for plowing in Kansas. But even so, I plowed today for 10hours with just it, I go back out in a couple of hours (needed a nap) and I will do it all over again. This doesn't count the SS/Plowing my boys are doing. Really great storm going on right now. In just 24hours using this plow plus the 2 events I plowed with it already and this new plow will be paid for.......is it worth it you ask?..........yes.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  4. CTCNY

CTCNY Junior Member

How much are these wings?
  5. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Hope you made a bunch of money and stayed safe with that storm! You guys got leveled!
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  6. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I was actually surprised that they were so affordable. Like I said I did not even know they had come out with wings.......my major complaint other than the hard black plastic they use on the EX80. I want to say under $300 for just the wings. I have know idea really what installation is going to cost me but they said it only takes a couple of hours. I am on my way up to Knapheide Truck in Kansas City in the morning.....if I can get out of bed.

Why in KC I am also picking up a BOSS skid steer 8ft pusher box. Well its actually a brand new Boss heavy duty blade a guy bought / never used, several years ago (blade only no mounts or anything) I had him wield runners, wings, and a universal SS mount plate on it. I am going give using a box pusher on the 863 SS a try to see if makes a difference on my accounts that have gas pumps. Plus my 19 y/o son needs something basic and simple vs the V-plows.

We got hammered (for Kansas).....in the last 36 hours I have plowed for basically a solid 28 hours, I am burnt.....little sleep, not much food. lots of caffeine and skoal. Still getting calls tonight for clean up work but I just can't do anymore. Now if I can just collect on them all.
  7. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

yeah u got the storm st. louis needed
  8. mcdevi90

mcdevi90 Junior Member
    from nj

yea got to love that snow