1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BIG storm coming

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KUJAWA RSK, Feb 24, 2005.

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

Hi everyone
    Did any one hear about the 2 snow storm for Sun/Mon. They are
    saying it might be the biggest one for the year. Did any one hear
    anything. payup
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  2. S & L LawnCare

S & L LawnCare Member

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

Do any one know how much snow we are going to get for PA
    I hope we get 12'' of snow or more. payup :drinkup:
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i gotta see this one payup
  5. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

From Accuweather.com.

Wild Weather Next Week

Ladies and gentlemen, would you look at this. The perfect setup for a big winter storm. It is not often that the atmosphere develops this look, so you can imagine all the excitement that has existed in the AccuWeather.com forecasting center today. What will happen is that two branches of the jet stream will merge late in the weekend, a signature of all great storms. This allows cold air from the north to come in direct contact with mild, moist air to the south, and the result is often explosive storm development. There will probably be two storm centers at first: one crossing the Midwest, the other starting out in the Gulf of Mexico. Later Monday and Tuesday, the storms are likely to merge over the Northeast forming one giant circulation. You may want to pay close attention to this one. It could be a whopper.

Yeah ok. :rolleyes: Dear Mother Nature....BRING IT ON!!!!!! :p

PLANET Member

Bring it on Mother Nature :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: (Another Monday storm?)
  7. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

I dont see why you guys want 12" of snow, especially in late winter? its gonna be wet/slushy snow .. you know this, right? and i would perfer the 2" snowfalls - easier to push and basically make out pretty good, without killing the trucks. 12" is a Bit*h on your truck!!
  8. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

i'll take anything i can get!!! payup
  9. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

12" is a b!tch on the truck

2" is easier on the truck so 2/12=6 pushes= :rolleyes:

Sorry could not resist that.I will get a ton of flagdowns even if i start at 4" and charge every time i drop the blade.I will not however push 12" of wet crap with my truck.Thats when it gets left for the bigger boys with the bigger toys (the ones I usually get my a$$ kicked for getting drool all over them!!)I would LOVE a full size diesel or even a single axle dump(Like a 4900 series International) but my broker E.F.Nuttin says that i will be rich enough for a new plastic coated fiberglass handled shovel.
  10. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

Oh i hear you . Take it when you can get it. Whatever it is?
    Although i just HATE 12" snows. You dont make that much more, than you do with 2-4", to comp for the wear and tear of the truck.
    And how many accounts can you possibly hit more than twice, even plowing with the storm. I prefer 2" every time -preferrably once/week and falling during late evening into Early morning, to start plowing at 1:00am - Thats the "PERFECT STORM" . But its also a dream. It never snows when its convienient!
  11. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Would have to agree with him. Anyone who has been in business long enough learns these things.
  12. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'd just like to see 1 more plowable event of 1 1/2", I don't care whether its dry or wet. 2" would be even better, that would open up everyone elses trigger that I have. However I think that winter is over for us.
  13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i hope it stays cold and its powder snow like todays storm
  14. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I think that this storm is gonna be powder because the temps are gonna be in the lower 20's all week. I hope we pounded hard :D payup :drinkup:

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

I will be plowing ever 2'' of snow 6 time per lot or more plus salt.
    I am getting in 10 ton of salt for this one might not get anything
    but at lest i have it for next year. hope we all can make some money
    off this one. payup :drinkup:

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

Hi guys
    is this storm for this sun mon? Or next sun mon. I think it is next week
  17. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Kujawa Rsk

Thats right, the weather people don't know what its going to do tomrrow. Yet, you want them to tell us about next week end !! Think about it !!

No :p I belive its this week end as in 2 - 3 days from now.

Us ohio boys will take the 6-12" payup

Mr weather man if your right we :salute:
    If your not we were swear at you then were :drinkup:
  18. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Then wouldnt you just charge more?
    This is why I don't do contracts! :eek:
  19. szippijr

szippijr Member
    from S.E Pa

don't get your hopes up
  20. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah and as Sun / Mon comes so does the rain! Seen too many of those events this winter to get excited. It would be nice to get a 12" event.