1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big storm coming...and dead plow (!)

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by scott545, Dec 14, 2013.

1. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

Somebody here must have gone through this.

Just attached my Fisher Minute Mount One to my 1994 F150, and pushed the switch on the joystock and got no power light. My dashboard hazard light idicators came on and froze in a 50% on settin g - no blinking. The plow lights did not come on. I heard no whine, had no movement.

When I unplugged the passenger side harness coming off the plow and running to grille mounted female nacelle, the power light on the joystick came on - but still no noise or sound of solenoid tripping.

I checked the fuse under the dash board and it was fine.

The plow was put away in perfect working order last year.

Any ideas? We have 8-12+ coming tonight here in Vermont.

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Check that all the grounds are clean.

3. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

Will do. Anything else? Weird that unplugging one harness gets the joystick light on.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

Broken harness wire?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Reck the clicker pwr wire. Plow on or off it should pwr up. And x2 on the gnds

6. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

Grounds checked and cleaned...here a clicking at one relay.

I have two relays on the driver side, when I wiggle the plow-to-female nacelle mounted on my grille (breaking and making the connection again and again) one of the two relays clicks.

I here nothing at the the solenoid mounted to the firewall, and all those grounds are fine.

Bad relay? Bad solenoid?

Trying to find a Fisher parts guy today will be impossible up here I imagine.

7. dieselss

The relay is the lights. And the solenoid is for the plow

8. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

When both harness connectors at the grille are connected and the joystick power switch is placed on "ON" position, I get the hazard lights frozen as lit - no flashing - and the yellow lights on the plow itself stay lit - but the main lights do not come on.

My high beam indicator comes on, too, but there are no lights turned on.

This plow worked flawlessly last year, all winter.

I am stumped. Harnesses look good.

9. dieselss

Ok. Start with your grounds. At the batt, follow to the motor on the plow, then theres a small wire that branches off at the motor the goes into the other wire harness and grounds out the relays.

10. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

Checked all the grounds - they are all fine. I wire brushed the two going into the big motor canister and then checked the wire going to the relays at the plow. They are all fine.

I knew I should have put it on last week and checked it before the first snow came. Kicking myself right now.

11. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

Two months ago I had the entire right front headlight assembly replaced. I'm wondering if the mechanic connected the wiring screwed up - but I have no wiring diagram to compare it to.

Anyone direct me to a MM1 wiring diagram?

12. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Click the fisher banner at the top of the screen,look for parts/service at top of that,follow from there,all the diagrams and mechanics guides you will need

13. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

Oy...I think I found the problem.

The mechanics who installed the front right headlights assembly left the red power line that went from the positive battery terminal to the solenoid unattached - it was hanging underneath the battery terminal.

The black negative wire that ran off the right front connector (this is a two connector system) was attached soldily - TO THE POSITIVE TERMINAL.

I think this is what did the damage. When everything is installed properly, the headlights for the plow and truck switch on and off as normal but the turn signals go like machine guns until they slow down.

I think the solenoid is toast - though I can hear clicking at the joystick when I move it and the power is on.

Probably need to replace all relays and the solenoid, I guess.

14. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

No wiring diagrams there for MM1's. Unless I'm wrong?

15. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Every diagram you need is there,to busy to link,sorry

16. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You need to look st diagram just cause its black doesn't mean its negative. Meyer has an orange wire that gets grounded

17. I feel bad for you but if you haven't touched the plow since last winter and its December 14th, the night before a storm.....really?

18. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Junior Member

19. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

Last 6 years I hooked up the plow in November weeks before any snow was looming - first year I ran into time issues. No excuse, bu tan explanation. Sometimes life gets in the way. LOL.

20. scott545

scott545 Junior Member
    from vt

Anyway - thanks for the diagrams, Tyler. Black does go to the negative terminal.