1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big Snow heading for the Northeast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike Nelson, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Not to rub it in for you guys that aren't getting any snow.They are predicting 8-16 inches for us.
    Came into the dispatch office at 430am and just waitng for this thing to crank up.Keep you posted throughout the day.

Stay Tuned!

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Mike, same predictoin here in MA, starting around noon. Im ready and waiting.

3. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

Have fun guys, be careful, nothing called for here all week, high 30's, light snow at night. I just got new heater for garage will probably start getting lawn equipment ready for season, or somthing. I'm starting to get bored. Working on landscape proposals as spec's come in. But don't mind that it's not snowing, bank accounts, staying nice, as seasonal payments are coming in, gas, salaries, & repairs are nice & low if nothings moving.
    Again, good luck, be safe.

4. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

None here in Connecticut yet but it's sure cold enough. I live at 1100 feet elevation and it normally comes here quick.

5. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

I stand corrected by mother nature; It's now snowing here on the edge of Hartford and Litchfield county. Have fun and be careful.

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Jeez, in the past 10 min it went from nothing to "cant see across the street" status.

The good part: its a weekend evening. The bad part: I could never sleep during the day, so it will be a 24-36 hour straight running on caffeine storm for me.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Mike, not to rub it in but you are, aren't you?

8. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

Here it comes,

12-18" in western mass. and its started. its gonna be a long night.

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Forecast for hudson valley NY just updated to 9-15" by midnight.

10. thelawnguy

We have had six inches so far, since 11:45. Thats almost 3 an hour. I made a few passes at the industrial park but its not even worth the trouble, covers up as fast as you move it.

I think Ill try to get a nap in.

11. thelawnguy

Oops. I meant weekday. The drunks will be home tonight.

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

WE have snow comming down right now they say 10" in my area.

13. Mike Nelson

Well,it took awhile to come, but it's here.Have about 4 inches on the ground and lots more to come.

14. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Started about 3 PM here, snowed like the hammers of hell for about an hour, then tapered off some. About an inch down right now, forecsast is for 3-6 by morning, with the heavy snow tapering off after midnight. Temp is at 30 right now, due to drop into the 20s overnight.

15. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

If you guys hear something funny over the roar of your engines and the scrape of your blades it is me down here in Dayton, Oh. snoring while I dream of what you are living today.

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

16. Mike Nelson

Oh baby,just went out and measured again.Official depth of snow 12 inches.:D We should have maybe another two hours of lighter snow before we are done.
    I have not seen it snow that hard in a long long time!
    well stay tuned:eek:

17. plowjockey

Mike my wife just read your last post and she asks "Is that man inches or woman inches?" Sometime she just SCARES me.

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

18. Mike Nelson

Thats every womans dream inches!:D

sorry if I offended anyone...

19. MJ

MJ Senior Member

Got about 4" last Saturday. Now really getting hammered. Fine with me. Already told my day boss I won't be in tomorrow. I'll be too busy counting money, I hope. Bad part is I'm just getting started plowing. Don't have any accounts this year so I'll be getting the drives with 6" of hardpacked snow under 14" of fresh. Now they need someone cause they can't drive over it without getting stuck. Oh well, everybody has to start somewhere.

Mick

20. plowjockey

Mick, sounds like a good start to me. One thing to remember when you get a driveway that is that well covered you might be advised to ask for locations of trouble spots that might be hidden by the deep snow. Or maybe even walk the place first, surorises sometimes have consequences.

Bruce
    Happy Plowing