1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big Screw-up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by marjamr, Oct 17, 2009.

1. marjamr

marjamr Junior Member

Boy did I mess up. I just brought my plow(Western Midweight Ultramount with aFloStat hydraulic system) home from a flush and fill at my local Western dealer. I thought the blade had excessive play side to side indicating air in the system. I lowered the blade and pushed the lifting arm all the way down and let it sit overnight. Today I went out to check the fluid level and top up the fluid if necessary. I meant to remove the fill plug to check the fluid level but instead I removed one of the star shaped plugs in the back of the motor housing (I know, I know, what an idiot.) I tried to replace the plug as soon as I realized what I had done but the plug would not screw back in. There was a solid white surface where there should have been a threaded hole. I panicked and raised the plow to see if the hole would realign. Disaster. Now:crying there is a gaping open hole with nothing there to thread the plug into. I have checked all my owner's manuals and even PDF's on the web of FloStat parts and I can't determine what those star shaped bolts are for or how to re-install them. Any advice? And please don't be to harsh. TIA.:cry: