1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big Red

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowplowingTom, Jan 13, 2010.

1. SnowplowingTom

SnowplowingTom Junior Member

Here's My 2008 F-350 6.4L Diesel. I got the truck summer time. I am a fisher guy even enter the fisher plow contest with my older truck you can see the video at (iplow.net) the video title is Bad To The Bone. Anyway So i traded my old truck little Red for Big Red. So looking at the fisher plows for the new truck, I wanted to get a 9 foot stainless, but I looked at the western plows, fishers brother. I saw a 9 foot western that had more options then the fisher like the back drag edge that i got and the detachable side wings that i got. So i made the switch, plus it matches the truck. For the lights I got 3 LEDs for the grill. when i did them i had the grill out so i decided to have it painted. Now for the mirrors What a pain in the ass had to take out the whole unit and completely take it apart! The first one took two hours. The second one was going too perfect, and 10 minutes in I broke the mirror :angry: Any way finished that in a half hour. I put stainless steel running boards on, flood lights left and right, reverse lights, tool box light, mounted a back up camera and topped it off with Sirius radio. Got to have plowing tunes. Well here are the pics enjoy. Future plans is to add 2 more coal chutes another tool box driver side, and chrome simulators for the rims.

DSCI0008.jpg

DSCI0009.jpg

DSCI0013.jpg

DSCI0014.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

2. SnowplowingTom

More Pics.

Tool box light, interior pic.

DSCI0028.jpg

DSCI0032.jpg

3. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

That thing is awesome.....How do you like the 6.4 diesel & what type of gas mileage do you get

4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Awesome truck. Do you plow for the school in your backround?

5. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Real sharp looking truck. I like the additions as well.

6. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Cool Video....Git-R-Done, that's right.....Thats funny right there

7. SnowplowingTom

gas mileage is bad 7 MPG , I don't plow the school just a good place to shot the pics. Next storm I'll post some driveways i plow. I didn't get any commercial accounts this year do to low ballers!

8. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

7 mpg is about right....Mass-Highway got some new 450's & all they get is 6.5-7mpg if they dont idle them for hours on end

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Love the truck and plow. The red really catchs your eye! Good match with the Western red.

10. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Nice truck. Now all you need is to letter it up real nice (magnetics are cheesy). A stainless steel X-Blade would have looked bad azz on that truck.

11. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

Tom, what did you use for a toolbox light? i am interested in lighting my box up on the inside...thanks!

12. coral

coral Senior Member

like the custom mods....

13. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

nice truck! That thing is pritty big for driveways , i am putting a 9 FT fisher on my dump sat, and will be doing some driveways also, im thinking it might be to big? How much doe the plow weight, are you going to ballest?

14. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Man i love the truck, especially the red grill and the strobes in the mirrors. Nice job and good luck.

15. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

What are the dimensions of that underbody box? Nice truck

16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that truck is BAD A$$!! I love it! skip the simulators and get some alcoas :p

17. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

sick truck. That color combo looks good. How many resi's are you doing with that truck?

18. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

What kind of back up camera system is that?

19. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Nice truck but great choice of a channel on Sirius. How do you like the stilletto? I have only had the sportsters.

20. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Thaty is one great looking set up. And you can't go wrong with a Ford and Western