1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BIG PROBLEM or small problem???

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by dfdsuperduty, Dec 14, 2006.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Alright blizzard guru's i just bought a used 2003 F150 with a 7.5 blade blade goes up fine at the dealer as soon as i get in front of my house i tried to drop the blade and nothing happens doesn't even sound like i am getting power to the selinoid i checked the connections and the joy stick to make sure it was switched on any suggestions please help

2. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

You need to adjust your flow control valve located on the valve block. Counter clockwise will increase drop speed. If you turn knob all the way clockwise your plow will not drop.

A lot of these get left loose,and they end up turning,and closing off the fluid from returning from the lift cylinder. After you get it set where you want,tighten the locknut so it will not move. I had the same problem, plow would not drop one day after I got it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  3. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

ok not to sound dumb but where would that be located at i have never had a blizzard plow just came over from western...... also i went out the the truck the next morning and the plow dropped and angled just fine i think i found the problem was a loose power wire comming off the fuse box hopefully that was all that it is thanks for the help

Dave

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

It is a valve located under the plastic cover on the plow. Manual would be the best place to find it. If not manual then Blizzard has one to download. Either way there is a diagram that points it out. Lot easier then trying to describe it here. :)

Chris