1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big plows? Inspect your equipment!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theholycow, Dec 9, 2003.

1. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

After the big storm last weekend, I was driving home to finally get some sleep. On I-95, there was a big state truck scraping the shoulder. His drivers-side wing plow (probably 10 feet) was raised. When I went to pass him, I decided I'd give him a whole extra lane.

Well, it must have been a premonition, because as I pulled alongside, something snapped and the wing plow crashed to the pavement, bounced a few times, and dangled dragging next to the truck. :eek: I'll bet those blades weigh 2000 pounds or more; certainly enough to crush my pickup and anybody unlucky enough to be in it!

The moral? Inspect your equipment, especially if it's really big, and especially if you've been plowing a three day long storm.
  2. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

sounds like the big man upstairs was looking out, glad to hear you changed lanes
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I'll bet that was fun to fix when they got it back to the garage!:eek:
  4. snowpros

snowpros Junior Member

That must have been scary,you could have been killed.
  5. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Did you check your underware after that :eek: :eek:
  6. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I was too tired :sleeping: to mess myself, after two 12-hour night shifts and being unable to sleep the day inbetween. ;)