1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

big plow vs damm pavers blok

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bob00, Aug 29, 2010.

1. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

hi ther is my question wath do you use to protec paver bloks from damage du to the plow scraping them some guy down here seem to use teflon plastic bord as cutting edge

wich size is recomended is it relly teflon plastic or somthing eles

i usely plow gravel or ashphalt lot but i got 2 account with those fancy blok and i scratch tem last season

p.s. sorry for my terrible english
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Poly cutting edge, it's like 8" wide, an inch think and the length of the plow.
    I've heard good things and bad things abou them, the good is they work and hthe bad is; they go right over the snow and pack it down, or they scrape so much that the shred and leave a trail of where it was. I've never confirmed this because I don't use it, but i believe OSHA requires that you use them for doing gas stations also.. I stay away from pavers though! Too much to worry about IMO!
  3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I would say get a poly edge or give the accounts to someone else. I'd give up the 2 accounts before I'd give up the steel edge though.
  4. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

thanks i wil give those account and keep my steel edge
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

use your shoes, back blade, and when the sun comes out the pavers really heat up and melt any accumulation.