1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big Ole Vee Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kramer56, Mar 19, 2010.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Well today I drop off my Mega V today at dealer for some replacement parts. So far they are replacing both wings and center hinge pin. Got looking it over a while back and noticed some cracks in the weld so the dealer made some calls and without question got everything under warranty, wasnt the usual operator abuse crap like the other seem to play. when it is torn apart there are other inspections and what not to determine if more is broken or not. I actually expected Snoway to say whatever dude you broke it you fix it but i am really impressed with the service and the plow I have. it looks like i will need another truck and plow for next season so i thinks its gonna be another MBV. Does anyone have pics of what the new wing stops look like I guess they are adding them as a new precaution to save the wings. idk.

2. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Congrats! I honestly think you're one of the first on here that said they would actually buy another Sno-Way Mega Blade. BOL

3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Well they all have issues i dont care what brand. the things i have had wrong have all been fixed at no charge. And yes i have had other problems but have adapted to the plow the way it is, is it perfect hell no but is there such a thing? The V blades take a beating no matter what kind due to the design of them. There really isnt much wing support so certain areas take the weight and the twisting etc. The really issue i think there is is the pump design, its a servicing nightmare without drain ports and stuff so it has to be torn down in order to change and flush the system, not cool in my mind.

4. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Just curious what other brand V plows have you owned?

5. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I have used fisher and western and boss. not saying any are bad but hey its a v its gonna have stress problems

6. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Your a brave and patient man Kramer

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What other V plows have you owned. Your comparing them to the Snoway that's why I ask.

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Fisher and Western V's.

Oh btw they also replaced the cut egde on both side along with the center gap edge too.

9. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Not really comparing them at all, Just saying that they are man made and all gonna have flaws. I know I may not have the best but so far I have plowed 4 commercials and 28 residentials and a 1/2 stone road since I have owned(2 seasons now) the MBV and it honestly has not left me stranded so to speak.

I would buy another