1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big loader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John DiMartino, Feb 9, 2001.

1. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I was thinking this loader might be the ticket for those huge lots,its a monster-i bet it could take a 75 ft pusher-LOL.Hey John Parker-you need this at the Gap.It would probably buckle the pavement,it loads on 11-18 wheelers-talk about a big move fee.It costs 3 times as much as my house-but i still want it!what a toy!! http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=557602337

2. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

John

You my friend have found the ultimate "more power" toy. Boy what a man could tear up with that thing. One thing for sure, no one will argue with you coming down the road in that.

Bruce Happy Plowing

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a bargain price too!!
    I gotta check with Pro Tech and see if we can get a 50 foot pusher.

4. CCLC

CCLC Member

Say good by to curbs and parking blocks!!!!!!!!!

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What curbs?

6. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

We'll take it :D

7. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

The biggest thing I've ever gotten to weld on is a Cat 988. To quote Will Smith (from "Independence Day") after seeing this machine: "I have GOT to get me one of these!"

1975 GMC C-35

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

JAA, would you get that in a folding model so you can go up the road with it?

9. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

I would think with something that big you would pretty much make your own road, and it would be as wide as you want. :D

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

10. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Now theres a machine that could really "scrape down" a parking lot,and those pesky little semi always pulling in behind you when your trying to plow wouldn't seem to be much of a problem any more.I'd have to morgage my house just to fuel the thing up.

11. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

John A.

How much do you want to push at once.

There is only so much snow you know!

12. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

"There is only so much snow you know!"

This is not a comment that applies to John Allin & his market ;)

13. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

BRL -

"This is not a comment that applies to John Allin & his market"

I know, John just has all the snow :cool:

14. John Allin

Awww man....

We only got a little snow yesterday - an inch or so.
    Enough to salt, not to plow.
    Sure hope it's not winding down.
    Although the lake is freeing up some, so the lake effect will take over again. Seen this before. We could get slammed in March like we did in December.
    350" seems like a good round number.

15. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

John-

How does 350" compare to a normal year, or is that pretty normal?

16. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

John A.-

I really do like the bone(little snow) that you have allowed to come my way.

Keep up the good work!

17. John Allin

Average snowfall at the immediate lakeshore - 88"
    Average snowfall at the Interstate (2 miles south of the lakeshore and where the lake effect kicks in) - 190"

Currently we are at 112" at the lakeshore, and 230" at the Interstate.

Hmmmm... this would be a great thread.... to see where everyone is at as compared to average.

18. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

I know i am over my 288cm average, but i have to pay to have exact summary and i don't need it for now.

This is our biggest winter since few years, city are over budget, ( you can see it trough all street, they remove only the half of the snowbanks for now, some sidewalk the bombardier can't go trougt it, they need one more week to clear all that since the last monday snow storm and the ice event of friday..hope fo no snow until this, and it's gonna be harder because now all freeze and it's hard like a rock)

BTW all the BS "contractor" begin to bankrupt, they were cheap on seasonnal contract and don't have per push income, i get some call to take care of new customers for the rest of the winter on a good per push price and they want a contract for the next year.

Hopefully we did'nt get big storm, 1 more than 12" (a easy one), 3 6-10", and a lot of day snowly days.

usually we ended nearly march 20, and 1 6" in april.

only the pros will survive, good for the bizz

Denis

[Edited by 4 Saisons on 02-11-2001 at 03:40 PM]

19. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I thought this guy was out of his mind and I was right.I found this same machine in a auction result book that I have that sold at auction for $8000.I found a 1983 Cat 994 on the internet for $885,000.There would be no comparison in performance,comfort,resale,the extra $200,000 would be well worth it.I think this guy is looking for a sucker.