1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big Letdown

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CNYScapes, Dec 2, 2003.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

We'll its 2:30 AM and we were supposed to get 6-12 inches, I just looked outside and looks more like 1.5 inches. I get the whole crew all worked up over nothing. I don't know about These weatherguys- :realmad: :gunsfiring:
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Scapes......I hear ya !....I am at the tip of lake Ontario
    and we have a dusting. Syracuse and Buffalo are
    getting it..........................geo
  3. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Im south of Syracuse 10 miles. We got 2 inches. Last night they were saying a LOT more but maybe we will get it today. We still have a little bit of brick paver work to finish but too cold and windy today.
    Ray (Too cold to landscape, but no snow to plow):drinkup:
  4. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Just a dusting up here to, not to sad though, hopefully ground will freeze next couple nights to cut down on messes.
  5. hortboy

hortboy Junior Member

we've got two inches here, so much for the dusting they called for last night. The worse part is I dropped the off last night for repair and will get back tonight.
  6. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

8" in Barneveld, NY
  7. fordman

fordman Senior Member

12" + up my way.payup
  8. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

called for 3-5" here in Brockport, but got nothing but 2 " those weather guys are amazing, where else can you guess on your job and not get fired, i was all ready to push some snow:gunsfiring:
  9. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I think on my next estimate Im gonna tell them it will be between $600 and $1200. How many jobs do you think I will get? Im goin back to school to me a meteorologist.:realmad:
  10. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

we only got a dusting of snow. just a dusting, whats the fun in that:confused:
  11. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Dusting after a prediction of 3-5". Salted and deiced walks, but not the "main event".......
  12. Boots_R_On

Boots_R_On Junior Member

That will never beat the 2000 False alarm Philly got.

3' Predicted

3/4" fell
  13. Joe3113

Joe3113 Member

We got about 2" here.

No school needed to to a meteorologist, just open a window and guess what kind of weater you think it maybe.:dizzy:

CNYScapes seen a couple of your trucks the other night near Buckley & Morgan rd. If you need any help let me know.
  14. LandscapeEscape77

LandscapeEscape77 COPPA Member

it was nice to wake up to a dusting this morning, first white of the year. and they werent even predicting it.
  15. Boots_R_On

Boots_R_On Junior Member

95 s.b. @ Rt. 1 Catastrophic accidents. Skudders Falls Bridge.Trenton/Phila. Area.

Where's PENNDOT???
  16. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

I heard that on my way to work this morning. I do I-95 from the Del State line North to Betsy Ross Bridge. Must have been a surprise dusting.