1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big Headlight OOPS

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pjnlandscape, Feb 12, 2011.

1. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape Member

I am posting this thread as a warning to others like me (I dont need your criticism I know I screwed up) who are considering converting their headlights in their Super Duty. I changed my F350 from Sealed Beam to composite headlights using a set of pigtails I bought on the internet. They did not seal out all the road salt from this harsh winter and sure enough the salt caused a short in my passenger headlight, and plow harness for my passenger headlight, frying both harnesses. Of course the aftermarket parts voided the warranty on all the parts so I am looking at a mongo bill to fix this. SO my suggestion is leave it alone or hard wire it don't use to good to be true online kits!

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Well now we all know not to do that (now) hope it don't cost you to much to fix it, good luck