1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big connector plug seems to fall out

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Swamp Dawg, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Swamp Dawg

Swamp Dawg Junior Member

I've got this new v-xt and when I'm pushing hard windrows over sometimes the snow is chunky and a nugget will fall in between the v-blade and the bumper and knock the plug out. Then i've got no controls. It seems the plug is very hard to push in and with cold weather makes the wires stiff as well. Has anybody else had an issue with this? I'd like to see a cam lock style plug that is positively engaged.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Relocate the harness/plug to a better protected area and be sure it isn't over packed with dielectric grease. Many guys prefer the belt and suspenders approach also by running a wire tie around the plow side plug. Poor mans cam-lock. :D

3. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

Good point BB.
    Also , spread your male end prongs a bit with an awl .
    dielectric lube

4. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Spread the plugs?? I've learned more than once that you can only bend metals, especially electrical connections only so many times until they snap. And on something like a plug that gets used a lot, is bending them open a little a good idea? My 8ft straight blade was giving me the same problem this past storm, not to mention that somehwere in the summer, my under bumper mounted plug must have got pushed in a little, making the connection not as complete as it should be to begin with.

5. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Zip Ties !!!!!!!!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't spread the male pins on a Boss. For one, they're not straight, they're more of a barrel shape so it's of little help, and two they're not split lengthwise so there's nothing to "open up" reliably. Only thing driving a pick down in them does is shorten their life.

7. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

another good point