1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BIG company

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 10, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

This is a company that is close by me. They do landscaping, lawn maintenance, snow services, everything you could think of!! They are HUGE! this is their plow fleet, all GMCs/Chevys with Fishers on them! Sorry the pic is a lil small

2. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

looks like all fishers to me :salute:
  3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Nothing special my freind. I think every decently sized city has about 2-3 maybe even 4-5 companies that that. Around here there are several, anywhere from 30 trucks up to 50-60.

But anyway having a company like that must be on BIG headache!
  4. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

If someone tried that around here they would be out of business before they got the third truck started. Unless every one of the accounts they service are 1 acre parking lots, there are faster, better and cheaper ways to do it.

Up here, if you try and touch a lot with out a loader, you are gonna get whipped on the bids, or be working for 20$ an hour. Even the guys that have loaders with regular buckets are the slower ones. The guys that I do walks for run 4 machines

Cat 920
    Case W14 (I think)
    New holland TV140
    Cat 966

The little loaders have 12 foot blades, and the big machines have extendable 12-19 foot pushers.

On the driveways, everyone runs farm tractors with inverted blowers. One machine does a 160-170 homes in a 4-5 hour run. Yes the all have many homes on the same road, but a truck could never keep up.

All the guys here that were stubborn and wanted to stay with truck ended up closing up shop.
  5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

looks impressive to me. they probably do a good business. they already have the trucks all they are out are the plows. i'm sure they are a plow dealer too.
  6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Thats alot of trucks....and alot of headaches!!!:D
  7. chris k

chris k Senior Member

My thoughts exactly. I have 3 trucks, I can't imagine the stress involved keeping that many running.:dizzy:
  8. PremierLand

from detroit

How So?

Im sure they have several secretarys and follow manufacture maintenance, and I bet they have 1 or 2 full time mechanics in house.

I bet its alot easier than you think.

And I bet the owner only goes in 1 or 2 days a week. lol
  9. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Yup. I didn't think of it that way. :drinkup:
  10. Ripple

Ripple Member

No Headache at all if they got ALL CHEVYS!!!
  11. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

GMC makes Chevy, so whats the difference. My Chevy s-10 is 99% GMC Parts.
  12. PremierLand

from detroit

I dont think there was any doubt to this, so I dont know what point your trying to make, everyone knows gm owns chevy and gmc thus theyre the exact same minus some options and cosmetic features.

Anyway, let it snow man!!! lol
  13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Do you know if they run all of them at the same time or do they keep a few around as back-ups in case 1 goes down? That is a huge fleet!!! I take it they only cater to big parking lots... No sidewalks for them...lol
  14. mcwlandscaping

J&R, i think they use most of the at one time. But i would deffinatly think they would keep a couple in case some go down, would be stupid if they didn't. They mostly try to target large commercial but also do residential. Theyll do the sidewalks but they sure will charge for it.
  15. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

And we All Know What GMC Stands For:

Gotta Mechanic Coming :salute:
  16. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

we got a boss/western dealer around here that looks like that. they do maintenance and sell plows too
  17. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

MCWLandscaping what company is that?
  18. mcwlandscaping

That is Morins Landscaping, located at the Hollis/Nashua border area, where are you in Southern NH?
  19. Tri-County INC.

Tri-County INC. Member

Alot easier than you think

Its not as hard as you might thing, you have to have the right people in the right postions. Supervisors that do more than drink coffee all day, Accounts in the account department, ASE Certifed mech., and great drivers. we do it every year. Anyone can own a plow and truck but it takes a special person to run a huge company.

20. Tri-County INC.

Tri-County INC. Member

some more pics of Tri-County INC.