1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big commercial account

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by double e, Jan 30, 2005.

1. double e

double e Junior Member

I live in lower Delaware where we don't get too much snow a year (mabe 3 storms a year all about 3-4" per storm). I have a chance to bid on a small Wal-mart parking lot (not a super Walmart).

I'm insured and been in the biz for awhile.
    I have F250 w/ plow, backhoe, Case IH w/ 12' blade, and small Kubota w/ front end loader and spreader. So I'm capable of handling the account and have the man power.

Should I just charge a flat rate per storm depending on how many inches Ex: 2-3", 4-6", etc.
    Or could I get a yearly fee

I have a couple small accounts I do now, looking to get rid of all my accounts and just have one big one. Be nice to keep all my equip. together and not have to move it.

Does anyone Plow any Wal-marts or big dept. stores

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I do a Wal Mart super center. We charge them a flat fee per plowing, not by the inch. With 2 pu plows and a back hoe with a 10 ft pusher it takes us less than 2.5 hours to plow. It gets plowed at 1 inch depth. Also we apply liquid de-icer.I really doubt that Wal mart would commit to a yearly fee.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005