1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big buttons

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Rltkmkc, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rltkmkc

Rltkmkc Junior Member
    from 65542

This is the first year I've ran a winch lift on my atv plow. The switch that came with the winch isn't in my opinion made for a gloved hand. So this summer I intent on exchanging it for something a little more glove friendly. Does anyone have anyone have any suggestions? As an optional thing it would be really nice if the switch was lighted. Thanks Rodger

2. rjk512

rjk512 Member

If hardwiring a new switch is an option, that's probably your best bet.

3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

what brand of winch are you running?

Pic of what your setup is?

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  5. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Skys the limit if your willing to rewire the switch yourself, then you can pretty much retro fit any dpdt switch you can find to make work.

I would suggest getting grip and thumb warmer installed and go with lighter gloves. Unless it's below zero, I either use jersey gloves or some thin cut resistant gloves I use in the shed to work on stuff...they work that well. When it's cold cold, I only upgrade to my winter mechanics gloves, haven't had a need to even try wearing my big winter gloves and we've had some serious below zero air temps this winter when dinking around with the atv/plow.

6. Rltkmkc

Rltkmkc Junior Member
    from 65542

My winch was a free hand me down warn 1500. Looking at Warn's current line the switches seem nicer but still have guards around them. I'm thinking one without the guard would be better. Any suggestion are appreciated. Thanks Rodger

7. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

This is essentially what the Super winch comes with switch wise, I have the terra 3500lb on mine and the switch is almost identical to this. I ordered a 3000lb winch for the back, just a regular steel cable unit vs the rope I have up front, and that switch is like the one I'm linking..but it has "wings" on each side of the switch. Great for my set up with a front/rear winch switch side by side, I can tell by feel without looking which one I'm using.

http://www.amazon.com/KFI-Products-...d=1425428425&sr=8-2&keywords=atv+winch+switch

Otherwise just goto Amazon and search ATV winch switch and there's many kinds on there

8. irv

irv Senior Member

ive never had a problem with gloves and the warn switches and i use
    heavy gloves. after you use the switches a few times it becomes
    second nature to know what to do.

001.JPG

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Same here, no problems.