1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Big Blower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DreamGreenMN, Feb 17, 2014.

1. DreamGreenMN

DreamGreenMN Junior Member

I have a townhome complex that is a pain to do with a pickup. At this time we don't own a bobcat so I found a good deal on one of these.. Your thoughts

big ass blower.jpg

Stanley's heavy-duty 45SS snow blower offers the best value in its class with its many convenient features. Constructed of durable steel, the 45SS provides a reliable and durable machine capable of clearing up to 45-in wide paths with ease. Its rugged transmission offers six different speeds as well as two reverse speeds, and features thick 16-in snow tires for easy maneuvering and control in snow.

Starter: Electric
    Drive System: Self-Propelled
    Impeller Size: 16-in
    Discharge Distance: Up to 50-ft
    Clearing Width: 45-in
    Engine Displacement: 420cc
    Power Type: Gas
    Wheel Size: 16-in x 6.5-in

big ass blower.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. DreamGreenMN

They list around $2500 I found one with 4 hours for $1600

3. CleanCutL&S

CleanCutL&S Senior Member

I don't think Stanley is know for quality. But I would try to do some research on who actually makes it. Also I think it would be a pain in the a** to maneuver it around.

4. CleanCutL&S

CleanCutL&S Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  5. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Thats BIG… If U could jus retro fit a chariot Ur good 2 go!!!!

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Just buy a good used tractor with a blower on it. Typically all town homes, condos etc should be done with a blower. The main roads can be done with trucks because it faster. But if you can get the association to lend you a empty garage stall to keep it in then you are golden.

7. DreamGreenMN

I took a look at the machine today....POS. The engine didn't even have a brand name on it. Thanks for the advice. I'm keeping my eye out for a tracker with a snow thrower attachment.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

A buddy of mine has a dual wheel one similar to that, not sure what brand he has.

Definitely not Stanley.