1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bids.... here are our prices Look them up on google maps

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We bid almost 30 properties for a local management company... they told us the other day they awarded all the contracts to other contractors... and that our bids were extremely high on all of them.

Taken into consideration that the total bid for ALL properties was $643k... and we cant possibly service all of these properties with our total equipment, thats the most we'd make for the entire year on all these seasonal contracts... We could possibly gross over 500k a year on a good year with snow, so these prices are all subsidized already, only because it would help cash flow due to payments being made 25% at a time, starting December 1st 2011.

These are all seasonal, salt/calcium/all plowing/stacking included, no more than 5% lot space taken up after a storm, no matter how much, so you'll be moving some around included in these prices. Keep in mind everything smaller means no machine would be there and would have to bring one in onsite even for a couple hours to move snow after a big storm "included in the price"

Apparently awarded bids were "half" of ours

Burlco Medical Center 2103 Mt Holly Rd Burlington NJ $11,695.00 42k sq.

Office Warehouse building 2 Terri Lane Burlington NJ $45,167.00 204k sq.

(4 buildings bid seperate) 1030 North Kings Highway Cherry Hill NJ $11,296.00
    x4 170k sq

Laurel oak corp center 1000 Haddonfield Berlin Rd Voorhees NJ $14,446.00
    78k sq

Office complex 121 Whittendale Moorestown NJ $35,355.00 178k sq.

Cross country shopping center 2110 East Rt 70 Cherry Hill NJ $4,742.00 $16,782.00
    89k sq ft.

Greentree commons 8001-8004 Lincoln Dr. West Marlton NJ $11,792.00 x4
    62k sq ft each so $47,168 for 4 buildings & parking lots for 248k sq... we billed this almost exact amount last year through USM one walmart at 320sq ft, and we purposely skipped salting them numerous times because they were so problematic with refusing to sign slips after salt was already put down so i know these prices arnt out of left field.

I have ALL of them broken down into 0-2" through 10-11" storm total prices, per inch, sidewalks & parking lot salting seperated and estimated # of services per charge to get our seasonal total. I'll calculate up or down at the end of the figure if i feel "overall" its too high or too low... None of these places are low traffic, just plow one time, salt overnight places, most are office complexes, strip malls, small shipping facilities, kinkos, medical office centers etc. Honestly i wanted to bid a few higher because medical facilities hardly ever close in a storm, and every 90 year old man/woman drive out just to see the doctor anyway and slip and fall.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Around here they would be on the higher side BUT thats an all inclusive to the extreme with loading/hauling snow. Just doing some comparing to a few sights with the same sqft that we do and your only about 7-10% higher than we might be.

3. lbfmd

lbfmd Member

i bet the copany that got them was probably at 400,000, just saying that because we lost a few seasonals we had by about 40% to a mgmt company, alot of them are biding seaosonals low just to get the cash flow. pretty frustrating.