1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by snowbound, Oct 5, 2005.

1. snowbound

snowbound Junior Member

Iam doing an estimate for a church. The parking lot is approximately 500,000
    sq. ft. I came up with $750- $1000 per push. What would be an average price for salting only, and is there anywere to get professional looking proposal forms so I have an idea of how to word and cover all aspects of my bids.

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Hate to be a buzzkill, and only you know your numbers and what works for you, but a lot that size, at almost 12 acres, I would figure for at least $1500 per push for a low accumulation. What about islands, light poles, etc. What type of equipment are you using? That's a lot of snow to pile up even with little accumulation. Using any loaders, pusher boxes, etc?

3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Snowbound: John is right! Are you sure you have your numbers right? An acre is 43,560 square feet. Here's the math: 500,000/43,560 = 11.48 acres. I've never seen a church with a 11.48 acre parking lot. Heck, I'm not too far from Gillette Stadium where the New England Patriots play and the main parking area comprises maybe 10 acres and that stadium holds about 70,000 fans. You may want to remeasure the lot.

4. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Do you guys bid by sq ft?? if so what do you get per. I guess I just look and sort of guess how long it will take and figure it by an hourly rate. Id love to get more scientific about it.