1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by BossPlowGuy04, Jul 28, 2012.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

Hello guys, allthough i am not new to plowing i really havnt had to do much of my own bidding because the parking lots i have i took over for a friend who allready had everything priced. But going into this winter i have been asked by a chain of burger kings to bid on there lots. Im really not sure where to begin, im guessing it will take 30-45 min to push, and 10 min to do the walks. I was thinking $85 to plow and $80 to salt figureing it will take about 1/2-3/4 ton of salt. Any input would be great!!!

2. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

I can tell you from experience that that is way to cheap. We did 10 bk's a few yrs back and they sucked. They have a 3" trigger and the managers call for sanding. They are to cheap to pay for salt. Trying to scrape 3" of packed down snow and ice sucked. The only good thing I can say about it was I got paid after every storm. All the stores paid with credit cards. We averaged $300 per storm per event. Make sure you as who ever you are dealing with about the trigger depth and who makes the decision to sand/salt. Good luck.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I think the OP is meaning $85/lot which is a touch high for my area but its not unreasonable by any means. If you were only charging $30/lot/storm I bet they laughed all the way to the bank.

4. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

yes you are correct $85 a lot

5. ANA Proscapes

from NH

That was $300 per store per event. The BK's in my area have large lots and messed up drive throughs.

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

If we could get $300 plow & sand per store around here at 3" I would do it and not complain one bit thats dang good money around here for a BK. So your rinning straight sand?? how you keeping your sand from freezing?? but the BK's around here like the OP posted on his price, you would be lucky to get that just on the plowing at $85 around here. and yes it depends on the region you live in. I need to move to the east coast so I can make better money. payup

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  7. ANA Proscapes

from NH

Yes that was for plow and sanding at 3". The prices went up from there. We were using sand/salt mix on them. I believe that the sanding for each store was $150 per app and the plowing was $150 for 3" and then went up from there. I know we had a very large bk off a major highway that was $900 for 12"+. But it was about 1 1/2 acres.

You are absolutely right about the prices. It does depend on the region you live in. The complaint I had was with the 3" trigger. By the time they called the snow was packed down and you couldnt scrape it up. Then the managers would ***** about it. That kind of stuff makes us look bad to the people that drive in to the lots. The customers don't know that we can't plow the lots till there is 3" or sand them with out a phone call. This can cause you to loose potential customers.

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Gotcha. The ones here are pretty small and quick. I've never done one but I can't see it taking more than 20-30 min.