1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding wrong?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kolkie05, Sep 16, 2009.

1. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

What do you feel is the best way to bid a property? I'm not a newbie but only have been doing this for 2 years. On new bids I use other sites that I'm plowing as comparison. Now I'm starting to wonder if there is a easier way? I saw somebody advertising on here a program that helps with bidding is this the way to go?

I know there are guy's on here with years of experience your opinions are great!
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Smoke a cannon and do a dry run......with plow and all.

Seriously though, pricing depends on alot of different factors and variables.

Do a search on the topic.

Join SIMA.

I think the guy you're referring to is Wayne Volz. He shamlessly plugs (JK Wayne) his system on here regularily. I havent seen it, so I can't comment on it. :drinkup:
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Figure how many beers you need during the winter.

Divide that by number of pushes and price accordingly.
  4. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

Wow Mark great answer!

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

LOL :drinkup:
    Seriously do a dry run is the answer figure out how long it would take you and how many passes. Look for trouble areas where you going to put the snow. Is it going to be in the way? Is it going to melt and cause more problems when it freezes again. I dont know the going rate up there. Your time X hourly rate = answer.
  6. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

From what I've seen most guys up here want between $65-$85 a hour.
  7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I don't understand, that is probably the easiest way to bid lots. "Yep that looks the same as my one lot, $65per"!

With those programs you still have to go measure the lots and count light poles. You might as well just have your own method that works for you.