1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding software

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by nvrstsfd23, Oct 25, 2006.

1. nvrstsfd23

nvrstsfd23 Junior Member

Is there any software company that sell a program that estimates snow plowing time by square footage and the amount of salt needed.

2. Acutabovesiny

Acutabovesiny Member

3. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

I think most people just use Microsoft excel--the spreadsheet program.

Just take your plow blade width, make an adjustment for depth of snow (you only use part width depending on snow depth) and then take plowing speed into account. Add a small section for obstacles, a misc part for shoveling if you want, and you're done.

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Even I don't use an excel or any other type of equation for estimating jobs, and I'm one of the most systematic, anal-retentive engineer-type people you'll meet. Process Optimization is my specialty / hobby.

On that note, estimating and pricing is something that I have just picked up over the years. Its a mixture of experience and knowing what people are willing to pay. I don't lowball to get work, but I won't bid so much out of range that I get laughed at.