1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding Question

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Bporter, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Price Per Hr. on a:

Skidsteer-150.00

Loader-195.00

Plow truck-85.00

I have a big Bid comming up and will most likley get it due to some circumstances but I don't want to under bid my self to much or over bid and not get it at all cause I came into high.

Thanks
    Brian Porter

2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

me personall up in the northern burbs im higher. but thats only cause the market will tolerate it. i dunno what the market is in the souther burbs. but me personally
    loader 350
    ss - 200
    truck 150

3. platinumpimps

platinumpimps Member

I agree with Northern. The prices that you have are what an owner would sub out at.

4. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

you guys dont know how lucky you have it. in my market, youre grateful for 110.00/hr for a loader and i still get told im high sometimes...

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

The term loader is to wide open, a backhoe loader with a 12' box or a wheel loader with a 20' box There is a big production difference here (about 2.5 acres per hour difference)

6. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

sorry, when i say loader i mean a wheel loader, 2 1/2 + yard bucket

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

when i say loader i meant 4 yard machine

8. platinumpimps

platinumpimps Member

End loader w/ 4 yrd buckedt

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

IMO these numbers are good The loader i would try for a little more are $250