1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding question

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jul 14, 2007.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Alrighty guys some of you know already that I have been plowing for about 5 years now and just this past year I got a account that I really like to do and the year before I also got a account I really like. Well I have been bidding a few accounts in the area and I am just wondering when you guys here back from the client. Make sence? Like how long after you bid a place do you here if you got the contract or not? I guess I am just really chomping at the bit to get winter here and to see if I got the accounts or not.

Ryan

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I give my bids, or a renewal of contract 30 days to let me know. It has been like 2 weeks to a month for me.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'm usually 30 days. As for anyone who contacts you after that time (hopefully not the day of the storm!), I'm torn whether to punish them for lateness or pretty much stick with the estimate. Depends how much you want the contract. Phone calls help too, inquiring about their snowplow needs and if they were ok with your contract. I'm always late for getting these things out (well at least by Plowsite standards -- I send stuff Sept 1 with Oct 1 response deadline).

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I say nail em to a wall if they call day of a storm, thereafter if they decide to sign normal pricing goes into effect. We require in our contracts that to garuntee pricing and service they must be returned before Nov. 15, if we get a call and there is no weather forecasted, after the 15th and there are no major logistical hoops to jump through we'll ussually just add them, if we need to run around trying to find a sub or subs, machines or any special salting requirements they may have their contract altered or be charged a fee for signing late. With the kind of work we target this is a serious possibility and as winter draws near things tend to get more pricey if you don't have them locked in, why should the contractor take a hit on this stuff.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007