1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding Parking lot Ice melt Application

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CVLG, Oct 4, 2010.

1. CVLG

CVLG Junior Member

I have a Commercial property that wants a price for ice melting the parking lot and wondering how to determine price per app. I would be applying Calcium chloride and parking lot is approximently 160,000 sq. ft.

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Guessing but thats very close to 3.5 acres. Have you ever salted before? Cause you better be close with numbers or you could lose your shirt on this one. Calcium Chorlide is not cheap. Figure out what you want to charge per pound. Figure roughly 600 pounds per acre depending on temp and all that stuff. And go from there

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

What is special about this place that they want that... it doesn't make sense to me.

4. CVLG

CVLG Junior Member

It's a medical building and out here in NV there aren't any bulk rock salt suppliers so that's there option buy 50 lb bags of Cacium chloride. So what doesn't make sense applying ice melt to parking lot, or using calcium chloride?

5. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Calcium, why not just look for shipping in bagged salt? NV is Nevada?

Calcium is way to expensive for that amount of parking lot

6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Try sodium chloride aka. rock salt. A LOT CHEAPER