1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on townhouses!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TreffertLawnWrx, Apr 24, 2003.

1. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx Senior Member

Heys guy, trying to put a bid together for plowing. I already have the lawncare contract but the president of the association wants to just make one payment per month instead of two. I have done light residential plowing but need a price for this:

20 drives approx 30 feet long.

Along with 20 walks about 15 feet long.

Being in wisconsin its hard to determine how much snow will fall. I was thinking 600 per push including walks up to 6". But how many pushes should i include in the price. anything additional i will bill for later.

6-9" additional 100.00

9-12" additional 175.00

and 50.00 for every two inches above that.

If this sounds anything like a correct number please let me know.

Thank you to whom ever replies....

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

So your breakdown is:

under 6" - $600
    6" to 9" - $700
    over 9" to 12" - $775

$775 + $50 every 2" over 12"

I'd say if you like it, go for it. I think they're getting a bargain at the higher levels, but that's just my opinion. I prefer increments of 1 1/2 ($900) - 2 ($1200) then $1200 + $2. But, like I said if you're comfortable that's all that counts.

For this area, I use a figure of 12 for seasonal accounts with a 3" trigger. That means I would use the first increment ($600) times 12 = $7200. That doesn't mean I'll push 12 times - some of them more than the 3". You might want to specify the amount of snow for the season that is included for that price - say up to 100 inches. I have one account that I charge one price for an unlimited amount of snow. This winter it worked out to $500 an hour plowing.

"But how many pushes should i include in the price." Not sure what you mean by that. Isn't $600 for one push of all drives and walks?

Hope this helps a little.