1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on part of a college parking lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by gallden, Jan 3, 2011.

1. gallden

gallden Member

The part we've been asked to bid on is 17 acres. We have between 20-30 lots, so we're not too big of a company. Never done anything this big before, anything we need to be asking or on the look out for. Is there a general rule of thumb as to how much to charge for an acre. Thanks.

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

If you have 20-30 commercial lots already, one would think you could figure this out adding up costs on the 20 to 30 sites to come up with a cost per acre to work on these 20 to 30 other sites, add in overhead, all administrative fees, wear and tear and profit you'd like to make and you have your price. It is a decent size lot at one place so you can achieve some economies of scale on the site. Does this make since?

3. gallden

gallden Member

For the most part yes. Cars and running out of places to put the snow could be somewhat of a headache also. Thanks.

4. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

I see your from easternshore md, what part I am in salisbury. Which college su, wor wic, umes?

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I would give a slight discount if there were even a chance of seeing some hot college girls while plowing... :nod:

6. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

Maybe they can ride in the truck with the plow. hmmmm need any subs gallden

7. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

Maybe they can ride in the truck with the plow. hmmmm need any subs gallden

8. turboplow3

turboplow3 Junior Member

the only college chicks you will see are the ones who wave you down to pull their BMW out. Trust me they will be all bundled up and will only need help.

I hope for you that you get the sweet one who is in her work out cloths booking it across campus!

9. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

I keep it warm in my truck.... very warm ill make sure they sit in it while im hooking the chain up.

10. salopez

salopez Senior Member

you have never been to maryland...they dress like idiots all the time.... snowing? tight sweater...mini skirt....uggs...

good views.

how is the college layed out? are they little lots or big lots? just break it down on how you would do it and price it from there.

11. turboplow3

turboplow3 Junior Member

nope havent. but the college chicks here dress the same i guess. still covered head to toe, just skin tight clothes. they all come from chicago so they dress just like you described. Im a fan of these skin tight pants all the chick wear now (some shouldn't), I think they used to be called "tights" and you wore them under clothes, now they are pants! hope this trend continues like the last few years.

yeah our college here would be a nightmare, it is lots of little lots. I noticed that they use mostly skidloaders and small tractors with blowers.

12. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

They must be contacting everyone looking for help

13. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

That's a good sized lot......Got a machine? 4x4 Backhoe w/pusher at minimum, 2.5 yd loader a much better choice.