1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on Lowes, Homedepot,walmart,sams club

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

I've been plowing for 15 years in Ohio, i do complexs and small lots. I bid by the push for 2-4 inches, 4.1-6 inches, then price per drop on salt and hourly on walks.
    These bids are asking for per event price, push, salt drop, walks, everything, lot is not to acumm 2 inches. So it's the same price for a 2 hour event as a 2 day event. Then they are asking for a seasonal price.
    Some ball park numbers would be great and try to explain this format a little better.

Thanks Guys,

Jason

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Dont bother with the bigs one. You most likely wont get them, waste of time. What national company sent you the bid packets?

3. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

It's lowes, EMI, Brickmen the big companys down here always get the contracts. I figured start biding now maybe in a few years they will be use to seeing the name.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Who is EMI? Do they have a website? Thanks.

5. Flawless

Flawless Junior Member

Envirmental Managment Inc. Commerical Groundskeeping

6. WMPI

WMPI Junior Member
    from ma

Hotels

I have sent out about 35 bids some being hotels some being business lots. The larges being 180k sq ft the smalles 17k. Out of 35 bids I have one under contract as of tomorrow. The prices are from $55 an inch to $235. One week left till the start of it all. Am I freaking out for no reason? Am I doing some thing wrong, I think they are good prices and i'm a decent looking guy. Any input?

7. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Doing anything Friday night?:laughing:

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

When did you change your name from GoldPro?

9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Just search seasonal pricing and just use it on a large scale. I just got our local Lowes this year for plowing, seasonal contract. Never bid anything that big so it took some time to make sure I had it exact. But there is a lot of information on seasonal pricing in the search function. I have no idea about the per event pricing. I would never do that.

10. WMPI

WMPI Junior Member
    from ma

Here's what I know about Home Depots and Lowes in my area. Five years ago they wen't for 50k to 95k. Now that these national companies came in they bought them all up for 43k to 57k. They all are including in there contracts removal of excess sand. Question is who determines what the excess amount is. At thousand per lot for cleaning the can all go stuff it. A lowes contract came across my desk two months ago. The lot is 180,000 square feet, there "target contractor price" was $23,464.00. I told them I would do it for that price if they provided the wheel loader/fuel card and a baby sitting service for my child. No reply....

11. WMPI

WMPI Junior Member
    from ma

Thanks babe for the offer but your not that cute !!