1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding on job

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by harley, Oct 27, 2003.

1. harley

harley Junior Member
    from ohio

new guy in the business, need help on bid, 2.3 mile on rd. 2 parking lots, 1 alley This is in a very small town so the parking lots can not be that big. I just got a 2000 f-250 super duty & a boss v-plow. Hoping for snow in ohio

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Hi, harley. Welcome to PlowSite. I'm not real sure what you're asking here - Do you want someone to bid the job for you? A little more information would be helpful - Are there city streets or country roads, paved or gravel? How big are the parking lots? Are they wide open or have obstacles? If so, what type of obstacles? How long and wide is the alley? Will you need to haul snow offsite?

3. ZR2DK

ZR2DK Junior Member

Im fairly sure he wants to know how much he should bid for the job, based on what others would bid on this job. I agree, however, that he didnt provide enough info. Give some details of the area you will be plowing and Im sure these guys will be more than happy to help you out. you sure came to the right place for plowing info...these guys *SNOW* their stuff! (ha! little play on words there...)

4. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

hey harley,what part of ohio are you in?...

5. harley

harley Junior Member
    from ohio

job bidding

I talked to the guy today,he said its just a small village, wants radius on corners,side streets, probably some cars parked, parking lot 6-8 cars, 2 lots, about the alley he did not say. he just said send him a bid. Iam from the indian lake region, love being on the water. I know this is not a whole lot of information,best i could do. I think maybe 2 hrs. to do the job ?