1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on H.O.A.'s

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grass1, Oct 31, 2004.

1. grass1

grass1 Junior Member

:help: I am working on bidding for a large Home owner association. I am not sure if in the proposal it should include how much i charge per hr. or there is a set price each time it snows. If it is by the hour, how much? Also, i am not sure how much to charge for salting the intersections. There are 18 intersections. Thank-you for the help :)

2. VALLEYWIDEPA

VALLEYWIDEPA Member
    from pa

where are you from

3. grass1

grass1 Junior Member

Indianapolis, Indiana

4. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

per push or per season

I wouldn't charge by the hour or even include it on your bid. Figure out your hourly rates, and time needed, and give them a flat price....either per push or per season.

remember that you're spending the homeowner's money. They don't like to pay for somehting, not knowing how much it'll cost them. You can guess at your time,and give them a per-season rate. If you want a per-push, you're still charging them on a variable, but at least you can guess (and tell them) the average number of pushes in a year. The more concrete, the easier they can make a decision.