1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on Church Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by den327, Oct 31, 2009.

1. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Hey Guys,
    I'm trying to see what you guys think I should charge thie property owner to plow and salt this lot. Looking for -1-3,4-6,7-9,10-12 inches. The lot is pretty easy to plow since all the snow can get pushed right to the back of the lot in the grasS. I'm using a 7.5' fisher plow. Last year, I plowed this lot 1 time and it ended up being a foot of snow. It took me about 2 hours. Thanks in advance...[

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Here is an outline of the lot....white is the lot..... red is the sidewalks.... and the green are in the back is where most of the snow will go. There is some room also on the left and right sides of the lot for some snow......

Lot 1.jpg

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I think you should charge enough to cover your costs and make a profit.

And since you're in NJ and I'm in Miami, and I have no idea what your costs are or what profit you desire, only you can make that decision on a dollar amount.

You might be ridiculed less and get more replies if you post the square footage and ask for a time estimate.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

that lot should take no more than 30 to 45 minutes to do, up to 6" or so.

5. Pushin_On

Pushin_On Junior Member

That would be a pretty cut and dry lot there. I never seem to be that lucky.

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Might just be me, but that seems like a long time to plow that size lot ~ even with 12".

How often do you get 12" accumulations in nj?

7. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

It may have been slightly less, but I am still fairly new at plowing. It's not that often we get 12" falls but some years we get hammered with a few noreasters and get more than that. What should I charge for plowing this lot and salting.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

How many square footage is the lot. We can tell you how long it will take, But just looking at that picture I would say 30 minutes with a 7.5 blade. Now take your hourly and you can figure out what to charge.