1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on Chains and Franchises?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by A.K Landscaping, Jul 30, 2014.

1. A.K Landscaping

A.K Landscaping Junior Member

Hi everyone,
    I am currently in the process of preparing for the coming bidding season and was wondering about how to reach out to chain stores and franchises, stuff like banks, fast food, gas stations, etc. Are franchise owners and branch managers responsible for taking bids and choosing service providers for their own locations or are service providers chosen by the corporate office? Also, if the latter applies, does anyone know who is taken up by nationals?

I know CVS has the portal on their website for service providers, but I can't find anything similar for other companies, and those that do have it use it for products, not services.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Call or walk in to said franchise/store/bank there's no one size fits all...you have to do work to get work. It doesn't come served on a silver platter on the internet.
  3. A.K Landscaping

Thanks Longae.

I just wanted to have an idea before getting passed around on the phone for half an hour then being told that corporate takes care of it.

I'll just give it a shot anyway.
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Walk in and talk with manager. You have to go there anyways to inspect lot
  5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

If we could only sell without speaking or leaving our couch.

Too many different strokes - some Lowes are done nationally, others are done by thru the building owner. Maybe Mc D's over there is owned by a different guy/group than the one over here etc.....

You may get more answers to questions on the phone but I'm a true believer that you'll get more results by walking in the door.
  6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Face time. And most people make a judgment whether or not to do business with someone within the first 2 minutes. Be polite, speak in measured, grammatically correct sentences. Know what you are talking about. Play to your strengths; If you have a new truck and a new sander, be sure to mention it.
    If you have a solid resume of references, offer it up.
  7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Forget about those places and find some places you can make some money at.
  8. A.K Landscaping

Thanks for all the advice.
    I'll "hit the street" and try to talk to as many as I can and we'll see what I can get.
    WIPensFan, are these types of accounts typically cheap?
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Yes, they usually go pretty cheap.
  10. A.K Landscaping

Oh, thanks.
    In that case I'll try to stay around the more locally owned businesses in my area.