1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on a job?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by snowman7777, Jan 20, 2010.

1. snowman7777

snowman7777 Junior Member

I need help bidding on a parking lot! I am not unbidding to get the job!!!!
    Question? A parking with 80 parking spaces, plus salting.. I usually charge by the push, every one or two inches of snow. What is a competitive price? Chicago area:
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

what are your costs? what do you want to make?
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

How long do you think it will take you?
  4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Measure the lot...Figure out how long you think its gonna take you to plow the lot..How much an hour do you want to make with that truck...Figure out your costs..Insurance, Fuel,wear and tear..Etc..I have a couple of suggestions..Talk to some local contractors about pricing in your area..Also, think about joining SIMA..They have alot of info that could help you out....Good Luck and i hope you get the job
  5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I usually figure how long it would take giving how straight of a push (landscaped areas in the middle of the lot to go around) and charge around $125 for the first hour and less an hour for additional tmie after that. As far as salt, you could determine a per bag charge. Go higher for the first 8-10 bags, and less there after (I.E. $20 a bag then $15 after 8-10). If you do bulk, maybe $50 to show, and $15-20 per 100 lbs. Its up to you to decide your final pricing. Take into consideration of how close is it to you. I do a lot 1 block from me. I would have be stupid not to do what it takes to get it because I drive by it severals times during a snowfall. Lastly, if you really need accounts, do not try to hit a home run because its getting harder every year with all the low balling going on.