1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bidding my first job

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bignyla, Aug 12, 2011.

1. bignyla

bignyla Junior Member

Hello I'm trying to bid on my first big contract and need a little help in need of some answers please
  2. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

And what questions do you need answered?
  3. bignyla

bignyla Junior Member

How should I go about my pricing its seasonal she wants just clean and simple its an area post office
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have any historical weather data for your area? If so, take your average amount of events (from the last 3-5 years) add in your per event price for plowing/salting the site then multiply the two and you've got your price.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

37.50 per plow.
  6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you do the thumb measurement yet?
  7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

The thumb measurement differs from one person to another, based on the size of the thumb and the length of the arm. So while your thumb may lead to a $150 plow, his may only lead to a $10 plow. On the other hand, the head measurement would lead to a much higher price for many here, until they explode anyway.

Ok, done with my leon impersonation.
  8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Im Not trying to be a jerk.....But, if you do not know how to bid jobs...You need to hook up as a Subcontractor for a larger company and learn the Business....The Last thing the Detroit Area Needs right now is one more so called contractor killing the pricing....Also, try joining SIMA.....The search Button at the top of this page is also a Wonderful tool.....Good Luck in what ever path you choose......:salute:

TCLA are you Hiring.......:eek:......:laughing:
  9. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

That's twice what I would charge. How could you sleep at night charging that much??:laughing:
  10. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Wow this is about a month early.
  11. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

This may help you.

Take the guess work out of your bidding process. Check this out.

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package Includes:

#1 Snow & Ice Management Manual � this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who�s first, proposal formats, don�t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD � calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

#4 Know why you charge what you charge CD - This CD calculates your cost per hour of operation for your company based on your overhead, expenses and use-rates. You can you it for any service you offer. Mowing, landscaping, snow, etc.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.