1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding My First Commercial Account.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LilRedTractor, Dec 26, 2014.

1. LilRedTractor

LilRedTractor Junior Member

I have been in the Landscape service in for 12+ years. I have done driveways and side ways for residential clients during this time. I am currently bidding ten commercial builds in a city center. All locations are within 3 mile of each other.
    I will be doing mostly side walks and alleyways. Possible several small par king lots and one large parking area. The numbers for all the work are as follows:

10,131 linear ft of side walk
    481 ft of alleyways
    66,500 of parking area and patio area

Average snowfall in my area is 20 to 30 inches though we are in the Virginia and have had 150+ inches in a season. We will salt prior and after clea-up.

Any help would be great. Price per sqft, price per linear ft, retainer pricing and salt pricing; along with blizzard pricing would be most helpful.

2. crabbybob

crabbybob Junior Member
    from 01440

Do you have any pictures? How much is salt going for in your area?

3. LilRedTractor

Have not visited used my landscaping are mapper to estimate, but will,visit the weekend. Salt runs 12 to 25 a bag depending on grade and volume $360 to 750 a pallet I currently cannot buy bulk.(non bag). Also using a Ventrac 4200 with blade, snow blower and skid steere to do the work.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  4. crabbybob

crabbybob Junior Member
    from 01440

A google maps picture would be helpful.

5. LilRedTractor

10 properties over a 5 square mile area just trying to get an idea on linear and square foot estimating number as I primarily do residential where I can charge a bit more. I have looked via google maps. It is municipal side walk around apt meant complexes.

6. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Need some Google pics to see the lay out
    There a lot other factor comes in to play when pricing something