1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding Large Lots

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by illiniplower, Aug 22, 2008.

1. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

I have recentlyhad the chance to bid on a large school parking lot. I havent measured it off yet with my wheel to get an idea on how to bid it yet. I'm not used to this since in the past have only plowed gas stations. Do I go by the hour it takes to do it or do I go by machine hours? Any ideas? Thanks for the help.
  2. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

i used to tell them it would be this much for this machine an hour and this much for labors salt etc i did the three appt. complexes and it worked out well for me.
    I wouldnt give them a flat rate hourly price because u could get burned needing more equipment and not getting paid for it.
  3. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

Thats what I was thinking. I havent gotten the bid packet yet have to get it Monday